?

Log in

complete - no roller skating in the corridors [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
nine sickles

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

complete [Sep. 23rd, 2005|10:22 pm]
nine sickles
ninesickles
[ace_of_cards]
afternoon
04 October 1975
115b Bodge Way



*Fabian Prewett takes a quick survey of the small kitchen table--filthy. he shrugs, piles the dishes up, and sets them on the floor. then he sweeps the crumbs off the table with a sleeve-covered arm and sits in the only chair not covered with jackets. across the table, Gideon watches this all with a dispassionate eye, and only leans forward slightly when Fabian spreads a newspaper out across the table*

It's time, Gid. We've got the Flat, now we need the Glamourous Jobs.

*he flips past the group of elderly witches waving on the society page to land on the classifieds. he gazes at them for a moment, then looks up expectantly at his twin*
linkReply

Comments:
From: ace_of_coins
2005-09-24 02:50 am (UTC)
*eyes the paper like the roach he saw scuttling back under the bed this morning, but takes it, gingerly. spreads it out in front of him, but doesn't look at it. Looks at Fabian instead, soberly.*

If our jobs are supposed to match our flat, I'm afraid we're shite out of luck. I am not working as a trash collector, and neither are you.

*slams his fist on the paper, still not looking at it, but at Fabian*

Death first.
(Reply) (Thread)
From: ace_of_cards
2005-09-24 02:58 am (UTC)
*raises an eyebrow, but does not respond. instead Fabian waggles his wand at the filthy dishes, and they float over to the sink, where they begin to wash themselves at his silent command. in only a few moments, there's a small assembly line going, some washing, some drying, some floating up into the cupboards where they belong.*

*he smirks, and with another flick of his wand, the lights dim and colored lights begin swirling around in intricate patterns. that Muggle disco club had certainly been...enlightening*

*putting his wand away again, he folds his arms, and looks meaningfully at Gideon*
(Reply) (Thread)
From: ace_of_coins
2005-09-24 03:08 am (UTC)
*grins, conceding the point.*

All right. So it's not trash collector material.

*shakes a finger*

But it's at least Ministry drone material, and I'll have none of that either.

*resignedly looks at the paper for about thirty seconds before looking back up, flipping the page to Fabian*

Your turn.
(Reply) (Thread)
From: ace_of_cards
2005-09-24 03:16 am (UTC)
*in those thirty seconds, Fabian mutters a command and the lights go back to normal--the flashing was giving him a headache*

*tilts the paper toward himself* As I understand it, Giddy, there are interesting jobs that involve Excitement, Danger, and Adventure. You don't have to work at a desk unless you want a steady supply of girls.

*by now, he's only half-addressing Gideon--the rest of his attention's on the ads in front of him*

*reading aloud to himself* "Resource Management - Zonkos, Inc"...
(Reply) (Thread)
From: ace_of_coins
2005-09-24 03:19 am (UTC)
*reading upside down*

Yeah, but d'you really want to risk our good looks on testing Zonko products? You could end up blue for life, or missing a limb, and then where would I be?

*reads further, snorts*

You could be a Primary School Teacher's assistant. Look, ages 7-10, just your thing.

*ducks a swat with the rolled-up paper*
(Reply) (Thread)
From: ace_of_cards
2005-09-24 03:31 am (UTC)
Ah, he mocks out of jealousy: they'd turn you down if you applied. Seven passing OWL scores! *he tucks the rolled-up paper out of Gid's reach, and shakes his head pityingly*

*chuckling, he looks down at the paper* Look, there are categories. What do you want to do?

(Reply) (Thread)
From: ace_of_coins
2005-09-24 03:38 am (UTC)
*frowns*

Not a sodding clue, Twin, besides take Cursebreaking by storm, which I don't really know how to do yet... Suppose I'll have to wait till October to find a class... which doesn't help the problem of how we're to eat and furnish this place in the meantime....

*frowns deeper, pointing*

See, here's this one-time Cursebreaking thing, 30 Galleons! If only I could just teach myself....

*flops back into his seat, annoyed and frustrated.*
(Reply) (Thread)
From: ace_of_cards
2005-09-24 03:48 am (UTC)
*forehead twists with concern, and he chews meditatively at the inside corner of his mouth*

Well, Da's paid us up through the end of the month, so rent's all right. And I've still--

*something Gideon says registers finally. he flips quickly to another section of the paper*

Gid, it is October. *looks over the listings printed on the Events and Sundry page* Too much carousing, not enough paying attention to the dates...wonder if Moll's still selling us her old couch...

There--a Cursebreaking course. Starts-- *checks the date of the paper* day after next.
(Reply) (Thread)
From: ace_of_coins
2005-09-24 03:56 am (UTC)
Yah, but how the sod am I going to afford it? I haven't got the- *looks at ad* fifteen bloody Galleons to register for it, and Dad's loaned us enough as it is...

*trails off, falls onto the couch, which groans beneath his weight. gets back up again, restless, goes to the mirror and grimaces at himself, messing up his hair. the mirror starts to chastise him, but he turns away from it.*

*suddenly he stops still, frozen except for blinking, then turns to his brother.*

Hey..... Arthur probably knows the bloke teaching the class... don'tcha think?
(Reply) (Thread)
From: ace_of_cards
2005-09-24 04:02 am (UTC)
*a grin of angelic delight spreads over his face, eyes widening in excitement*

Yes! He does! Of course he does! He has to!!

*he stands and rushes to the fireplace, tugging down the small pouch of powder from the mantlepiece* Floo him! Right now! *he's got the drawstring half-untied when he sees the flabbergasted look on his brother's face. he slows down then, long enough to realize the time. he closes up the pouch and puts it back in place*

All right, so you'll Floo him after six.
(Reply) (Thread)
From: ace_of_coins
2005-09-24 04:16 am (UTC)
*is a bit horrified at the frenzy Fabian whips himself into about this- he must really be invested in them being employed. all the same, he's pretty chuffed about it himself, and grins uncontrollably as he sits back down on the table with his brother.*

So. Me, class, that leaves you to be the working man of the house. You sure you can handle it?

*smirks with one eyebrow raised*
(Reply) (Thread)
From: ace_of_cards
2005-09-24 04:23 am (UTC)
*settling back down into the chair, he catches sight of one ad in particular*

Oh, I can handle it. Something visible, you know, a public service sort of thing. Girls'll be all over me.

*he smiles with great smugness, circles the ad in red china marker, and gets up*

I'll just go ahead and change--might as well apply in person, don't you think? *he brushes past Gideon, leaving the paper on the table while he goes to peruse his closet for something Impressive*
(Reply) (Thread)
From: ace_of_coins
2005-09-24 04:26 am (UTC)
*leans over the table, reading the ad his twin has circled upside-down. his face lengthens, his eyes widen, and he breaks out in laughter that echoes through the house. Fabian's door slams pointedly, but Gideon takes no notice. It's really too funny for words.*

Public... service... ahahahaha!

*leaves the paper on the table, wiping his eyes and heading for the fridge to see if the milk's gone bad yet.*


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Reply) (Thread)